If you smoke, and use a MAC, or may buy one in the future, please read!

Gareth

I think smoking should be made illegal completely. Probably wont be made favours with a comment such as that, but look at that awful mess it mades inside of a computer, imagen what it does to the inside of yourself! I could never smoke, the thought of it makes me wretch too. I worked on a PC once which was in a house with two chainsmokers, the inside of the computer stunk severely and a brown dust mess everywhere.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I think smoking should be made illegal completely. Probably wont be made favours with a comment such as that, but look at that awful mess it mades inside of a computer, imagen what it does to the inside of yourself! I could never smoke, the thought of it makes me wretch too. I worked on a PC once which was in a house with two chainsmokers, the inside of the computer stunk severely and a brown dust mess everywhere.

Making it illegal won't stop people from smoking. Tons of drugs are illegal and you can easily get them anywhere on the streets in almost every city.

Archangel

VIP Member
I can't stand smoking myself. Cant breathe then.
In fact, thats the reason why my dad stopped smoking, because appearantly I even started coughing as a baby when someone was smoking near me.

Either way, I think this is going a bit far in terms of "health and safety" or whatever.
On the other hand, I think employees should be able to refuse to repair a pc is its just too gross on the inside, dont see a problem with that.

Rudster816

banned

Tobacco companies pay billions of dollars in lobbying to keep things like that from happening.

iGeekOFComedy

If there is tobacco inside the computer or on the material enclosure that could have clogged fans or on the mainboard etc apple has every right to not repair the computer

Rit

Hate to say it, but there's no way to shut down smoking and making it illegal. It could hurt our economy pretty bad.

Then people could argue 'lets make everything that's unhealthy illegal', so no McDs, no Pop, etc.. Then everyone would turn out to be a grass eating hippies :p JK!

But people that smoke in their homes just wreck the value of EVERYTHING. My buddy is a car salesman, and he says that smokers won't even buy used cars that was previously owned by smokers. It does more harm that some people want to admit.

Rage Kinard

Hate to say it, but there's no way to shut down smoking and making it illegal. It could hurt our economy pretty bad.

Then people could argue 'lets make everything that's unhealthy illegal', so no McDs, no Pop, etc.. Then everyone would turn out to be a grass eating hippies :p JK!

But people that smoke in their homes just wreck the value of EVERYTHING. My buddy is a car salesman, and he says that smokers won't even buy used cars that was previously owned by smokers. It does more harm that some people want to admit.

Yep, it's been a cornerstone of our economy in some fashion since....well, since we were colonies. Besides, I don't smoke cigarettes, but I enjoy a nice cigar every now and then for celebratory purposes :cool: