IG45 Cross Over Cables ??

tonymaclennan

Hi,
I was recently told that to connect my 2 computers together to use broadband on them both at same time I could just use a IG45 Cross Over Cable to connect the 2 computers together.
Would you recommend this method or think its a bad idea?

Eklipze3k

Yes that would work but firstly it's an RJ45 cross-over cable and this really goes along with your other post where you ask if you have a network card. You would need to have a card installed in both computers for this method to work. If you are using a USB Broadband modem from Tiscali you would only then need to enable Internet Connection Sharing and Windows would do the rest.

tonymaclennan

Eklipze3k said:
Yes that would work but firstly it's an RJ45 cross-over cable and this really goes along with your other post where you ask if you have a network card. You would need to have a card installed in both computers for this method to work. If you are using a USB Broadband modem from Tiscali you would only then need to enable Internet Connection Sharing and Windows would do the rest.

RJ45, sure I was told IJ45, ow well.
Thanks for all your help.
Am I correct to assume this method allows allows the connection to be used on both computers at the same time?

Yeti

VIP Member
RJ45, sure I was told IJ45, ow well.
RJ45 is the connector; Cat5,Cat5e, or Cat6 will be the cable type for 100 Mbps or more(in case you wanted to know)
Am I correct to assume this method allows allows the connection to be used on both computers at the same time?
Yes :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I thought we already had this conversation in a previous post? I (and someone else) told you that you needed an NIC card inside of each computer which would connect to your router via Cat5 cables and you would connect the router to your modem....