Im not sure where to post it so I will post it here PLEASE HELP

Jon Boy

OK im not sure what I have done but I followed a guide to increase the FR on a game by disabling many settings (I did not do all of them) but I hae ended up doing something so I can only view windows in classic setting not XP. This is very very anoying, does someone know what I could do to get it back.

p.s. when I go to change the theme and all that it only alows me to do windows classic. and bellow are afew big things I did (I think). and i did only afew of 6.1

Attachments

• FPS ultimate guide.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 158

red onion

Have you tried right clicking the desktop, selecting properties and looking under appearance?

You might also try doing a system restore.

Jon Boy

Noo ;( Thought that was only if I was doing the system restor thingy or whatever it said. Also I turned system restore off (I did not realise I had not turned it back on). And I have tryed right clicking and going to properties (im trying to get a screen shot of this small enough to be able to post).
I know I was very stupid and im trying to put everything back to normal but nothings changing.

Jon Boy

Heres the pic of what has happpened, notice I cant change it to xp style (I think I could in the first place.)

Ok i put it on a hosting site cos it ws too big.

Last edited:

Jon Boy

Cmon anyone had any thoughts on this yet and does that pic work cos I used serveral different links as sometimes it did not work (I mean I edited it untill it did work, or atleast I think so) Please someone please.

Lax

VIP Member
Right click on My computer-->Properties-->Advanced-->Preformance settings see if it's on custom, one of the 2 adjusts, or the "Let Windows choose" one. I'm guessing that's what you're refering to (curved edges and all that). If you want the curved edges and the bright blue bubbles back set it to the first one on the list and see if that does it. If it doesn't it might mean that windows knows you're system would start laggin' or haning if it set them like that.

Jon Boy

Thanks that site looks good I will add it to favorites. But I messed around with some stuff and nothing changed but when I turned my computer back on it was better again. :D

Jon Boy

Lord AnthraX said:
If it doesn't it might mean that windows knows you're system would start laggin' or haning if it set them like that.

My system would not start lagging lol just for enabling them. It was top ofthe range all of ... 3 and a half years ago lol. It has worked hard for me since with no problems untill now. Thanks anyway and I changed those files (they might be the ones that fixed it) but the chages did not take palce to I restarted it (it did not tell me I had to wait though).