Images Look Like They Have Been Rubbed Out - Why?

tonymaclennan

Hi every1.
I have set up a website at www.your-bid.com, butthe top buttons look like they have been rubbed out with a ruber or something. Ive checked the actual image files but they are fine.
Can anybody advise and inform me why they are showing up like this.

Thanks

Rambo

I had image problems when I used Microsoft Frontpage, I made a new image (under the same name, but modified) and it showed up as the old one! Did you use Microsoft Frontpage? If you have, I suggest you use a different program, like Dreamweaver, that is a top notch WYSIWYG/HTML editor...

tonymaclennan

Rambo said:
I had image problems when I used Microsoft Frontpage, I made a new image (under the same name, but modified) and it showed up as the old one! Did you use Microsoft Frontpage? If you have, I suggest you use a different program, like Dreamweaver, that is a top notch WYSIWYG/HTML editor...
I did use frontpage to design it, and was very careful to ensure it did not mess up the code as it is a CGI website. Is there any way of sorting this problem out with out taking it into dreamweaver or other program? I have an idea, if I changed to file type to say JPEG, and edited it in wordpad then would this work.

thanks for your help.

wensk

There is a web design forum link at the top of the page. Perhaps they can assist. I would suggest making your buttons using a true graphics program...I use Photoshop and ImageReady. In the mean time why don't you insert text navigation until you sort things out.