in need of help with computer

pb375402

Hi, I am new here and am hoping that you guys can help me out. I didn't know where exactly to post this because I'm not quite sure what the problem is but hopefully someone can answer this for me. I have an IBM clone running win xp. 512 mb ram. The problem is that when I am scrolling say on the internet or in a word document it is really glitchy. I have a new gforce fx 5500 vid card (this problem also occured with my old video card) and if I have it enabled then the resolution of the screen can only go to 4 bit. So the only way to view the screen properly is to disable the video card, then I can get good resolution, but the glitchyness occurs. I had to do the same thing with my old vid card as well. I have installed the drivers that came with it and that doesnt do anything. Can anyone shed some light on this prob for me? Thanks. If i have left out any details please just ask I will answer, i would love to get this fixed.

flame1117

banned
what do you mean by disableing and enableding the video card? the whole card or a feature? If you disabled the whole card somehow i dont think anything would be on your screen...

Greg J.

VIP Member
You have the newest video card drivers from nvidia.com right? I also assume that all your BIOS and display settings are correct? (Right-click desktop-Properties-Settings Tab.

I also assume that if the computer had any other graphics solution, then those drivers are cleaned out (and disabled to allow full use of the video card installed).

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html

Run it, let it restart, let Windows use generic drivers, then go to nvidia.com to download and install the newest drivers for your GeForce card.