In your opinion, which CD-R/RW brand is best?

The VCR King

Simple question. Which brand of blank CD or CD-RW do you think is the best? I like Memorex or Imation. Doesn't Imation manufacture/own Memorex...?

Awhile ago at a Thrift store I scored an OLD 50-pack spindle of Imation 650MB CD-R discs. These are older ones with the blue coating on the bottom. Only paid $1.91 for these things! :eek:

6yXjSDr.jpg

7l2R7EW.jpg

MhIE1jI.jpg

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I used to Imation when I first started burning years ago. Now I just use whatever is cheapest usually memorex. I do have a spindle of TDK's though.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Holy freaking resolution Batman.

Memorex.

Also, why take pictures at all? It's only a CD.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Usually buy Maxell/Philips/TDK/JVC or even Sony. Yeah really, what's the photos for? We know what CD/DVDs looks like.

Last edited:

strollin

I've never used CD-RWs, always felt they were pretty useless.

I use CDs and DVDs only to burn an occasional ISO.

spirit

Staff member
To answer the question I buy whatever is cheapest but usually I tend to stick to TDK and Verbatim. TDK are affordable and good quality.

It's quite rare I burn CDs/DVDs now anyway and now that I have a little PC under the telly to play films/video on I guess I won't be burning a Blu-ray again. They were always a little bit of a pain in the arse to burn anyway so I won't miss that really. But now I have about 45 blank TDK Blu-ray discs that I'll never use. :rolleyes:

Geoff

VIP Member
I really don't care about brands, I've never had bad luck with one particular brand. Whatever is on sale is what I buy.