Instagram problem - can't view certain accounts

Dimitri

I have two Instagram accounts and one works fine, but on another there are some accounts I can't view. Instagram gives me the following message: The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

I can view those accounts fine on my other account.

These are not accounts that have blocked me, these are people I've never interacted with, some are from huge influencers, other random civilians with 200 followers.

I've tried logging onto this problematic account with a private window in Firefox and that didn't help.

I'm using Instagram on my computer, on Firefox, Windows 10. Anyone know what the problem might be?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Do you have both accounts under the same account or are they separate? Have you logged out and back in? Crap like that is usually just a hick up.

Dimitri

Yeah, I tried logging in and out, but the problem persists.

Not sure what you mean by both accounts under the same account, I wasn't aware that that's possible. The accounts are registered under different email addresses.

Dimitri

Bumping this because I still have this problem and really want to solve it.

Since then, I've also noticed that these accounts that Instagram won't show me also don't show up in search results when I search for them. I've also tested this on a different browser and I get the same result.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try contacting Instagram. They would be the ones to help you not us. Remember Meta owns FB and Instagram and FB is nothing but a huge glitch anyway. Might as well just give up.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Not sure what you mean by both accounts under the same account, I wasn't aware that that's possible. The accounts are registered under different email addresses.
You can have completely different accounts that's not connected at all or have multiple accounts under the same account with just different usernames and passwords and just jump from one to the other. Like said above, plus I think all social media is a joke.

Dimitri

You can have completely different accounts that's not connected at all or have multiple accounts under the same account with just different usernames and passwords and just jump from one to the other. Like said above, plus I think all social media is a joke.
I'm not sure that's the case. I don't think there can be a connection between multiple accounts, rather I think if you just log on to multiple accounts on the same device, Instagram will offer you the option of switching between them (as Facebook does), but it doesn't mean they're connected, it's just that it remembers you logging onto these different accounts on the same device.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Yeah they are connected. If your on one account you can jump between both without logging in and out. Now someone can't see both accounts, just the one your on. But if you get blocked or banned on one, it bans or blocks both. Completely different accounts that doesn't happen.

Dimitri

The accounts Instagram won't show me I can see on all of my accounts except one, so the issue is definitely not that I've been blocked. (some of these accounts I can't see I've never interacted with)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
They may not have blocked you but possibly set their account to certain privacy level. I don't use IG so really can't tell you. You can set your FB profile private so nobody but friends can see your info and posts.

Couriant

To confirm, are you using the same browser? If so, try the affected account in another browser and see if you get the same issue