Installation of software help

FBJ

Hey guys,

I don't know if this is in the right place so if a mod wants to move it feel free.

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped as my pc parts will be dispatched tomorrow hopefully. I haven't really done any installation processes from scratch apart from when I did a clean install on this pc. Anyways, could anyone run me through what order I should do things such as at one point to install my GPU drivers and such and what to do when I've got it running?

And also one burning question. I read in PCFormat magazine that instead of using the Windows AutoUpdate thing when installing an OS I should do it manually through their website as it takes a long time on autoupdate. I will be installing Windows 7 64bit home edition. So which should I do?

Thanks for helping. =)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Install windows first and afterwards see what drivers are still needed if any. I would highly recommend downloading the latest driver for the video card online instead of using the cd that comes with it as usually the driver on the cd is outdated.

As far as updating windows 7, go to the windows update site and do the updates manually to get it up to date and then you can set up automatic updates to get the new ones that come out, or manually update once a week if needed.