Installing new graphics card

Daywalker88

New Member
I bought a new BFG Tech graphics card for my Dell Inspiron 530. In step one it is telling me to uninstall the current drivers for the existing graphics card. I have never added anything to this computer. Does in come stock with a graphics card?

I searched under the control panel and found nothing that looked like a graphics card.

Is there something I need to uninstall, or can I go ahead and install my new BFG Tech graphics card?
 
Go to your control panel,choose the Add/remove option...you should see your graphics drivers installed in there,Uninstall them...when thats done power down the machine.....swap the graphics cards,boot back up and download and install the latest drivers for your new graphics drivers.
 
I have Windows Vista. When I go to my control panel, I see an "add hardware" option, but not a "remove hardware" option.

I do see an icon in my control panel called "Intel GMA Driver." Is this possibly what I need to unintall?
 
Is it the Intel (R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver?

Yeah, that's the driver - uninstall that, shut down the machine, install the new video card, and start the computer back up.

It's a BFG card so you're gonna want to go to nvidia.com, click on USA, and under Download Drivers, select download drivers.

Under the Option 1 fields, follow the drop-down menus to find the correct drivers for your card - download and install!
 
Back
Top