Integrated Wi-Fi not working

ilovefishsticks

Hey guys, Im at my uncles house in canada and he has a laptop that stopped working a few days ago. They have a toshiba satalite A70 with intgrated Atheros Wi-Fi card. A few days ago one of their kids did somthing to secrew up port one on the U.S. Robotics Wireless Router (the ethernet plug named #1 in back). They hooked up the router to port 2 and their internet is working fine on their desktop, but their laptop all of a sudden stopped working.

Ive gone into internet connections and it dosent pick up a network, and im sure the network is working because i brought my laptop and its connecting to the net fine. Ive gone into network settings, and reinstalled drivers, changed settings, created a new network, but nothing seems to work. You guys have any ideas?? :confused: :confused:
i wanna get this fixed before i leave in a few days so please help!

alanuofm

VIP Member
there should a panel on the bottom of the computer that contains the mini pci wireless card. you can unscrew it and make sure the two attenna cables are still attached. make sure you have the latest drivers as well. and does your laptop have a blue function button? sometimes if you disable the wireless using the function key you have to enable it back with the same procedure.

ilovefishsticks

K guys its all good. It ended up being a phisical switch that turns the card on or off on the case itself. I didnt think their was switches on internal wireless cards, I was always used to my linksys card that slides in and out. Learn somthing new every day :p

alanuofm

VIP Member
yeah theres like 2 switches to my mini pci card as well. i have to enable it through the function key and through windows as well.