intel e7400 vs e8400

k1fox

Is the Intel core 2 duo e7400 better than the e8400? People with the e8400 get vista score of 5.5 while my e7400 gets 5.6!

Mez

Yep, just like WhiteFire said, the e8400 is the all around better processor.

Core2Deano

not being completely biased..

In my honest opinion get yourself an e8500. Released only last year, large cache and 1333 FSB makes them a tough little unit not to mention the blazing stock speed of 3.0Ghz (easily overclockable). What the heck is a vista score.. i knw of them but not about them. Can someone elaborate? I get 5.7..:confused:

HumanMage

In my honest opinion get yourself an e8500. Released only last year, large cache and 1333 FSB makes them a tough little unit not to mention the blazing stock speed of 3.0Ghz (easily overclockable). What the heck is a vista score.. i knw of them but not about them. Can someone elaborate? I get 5.7..:confused:

The vista score is a number that is assigned to your system on how well it can run various applications in windows vista. I want to say it measures things like processor (calculatons per second) RAM (operations per second) graphics card (Aero performance?) gaming graphics (game and 3D graphics performance) and primary hard disk judging these components your lowest sub-score would be your vista experience rating. From what I hear it's out of 6.

jevery

It’s a poor benchmark for comparing systems as I can max it with a midrange build.

ry%3D480

Cleric7x9

stock speed of an e8500 is 3.16Ghz