Interesting About Ad-Aware

ricekiller2003

I logged onto my computer and it was just running, running, and running and wouldn't stop!!! I had closed EVERYTHING and it was still thinking constantly. I ran Ad-Aware and it searched through 33,000 files (which it normally does) and found 19 objects. I quarantined them and my computer seemed a lil' better.

I decided to update Ad-Aware (something I haven't done since I got it) and decided to run it not even 10 minutes after previously before. It searched 79,000 files!?!...not to mention it found 109 additional objects :eek: I quarantined all of those and now my computer is running just fine :D That update really made a difference!?! Does it sound like this update is making Ad-Aware more thorough...and possibly recognizing more stuff while it's at it? Just thought it was pretty interesting...

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Possibly..

I supposed you had AdAware and updated to AdAware SE. I found that when I tried to update the definition files of the old one, it started telling me that no new updates are availble. After that went on for some time, I decided that maybe it was because I failed to update the software itself. Well that was it. It also logically found much more stuff. It is possible that it scans through things more accurately and effectively. Anyway, I would not wonder why that is. Let's just call it progress :)).

JAN ;)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
jancz3rt said:
Anyway, I would not wonder why that is. Let's just call it progress ).

There’s a reason companies update their software.... and you saw firsthand why. The new Ad-Aware, for the most part, is far superior to their prior version. It scanned more files (updated software) and found more ad/spyware (software and updated definitions).