Interesting LCD/Case Mod

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
- Consider a generic case like the Chenming 601AE and in particular the right panel (when looking head on).

- Consider a small profile, very light LCD screen (i'm guessing 15")

- Is there any feasible way to mount such a screen into the right panel as such (so that the tower becomes selfcontained if neccesary)? I dont really care if the LCD isnt flush with the rest of the side panel but that would be a nice treat. I dont think it would be too much of a problem to get the case cut to spec or to cut it up myself but I'm wondering as how to secure the LCD to the case: I dont think screws would be ideal :p Any thoughts?

jonmaxwell

im kind'of a noob, but wouldnt that cause overheating issues? Moniters get pretty hot already, unless you had some good cooling plans already.

Sounds like a cool idea though.

nomav6

you could probably use something to cradle the monitor and you could screw what ever your using to cradle it to the case, overheating would be an issue, but not something that couldn't be fixed with the right tools :), so I think it is feasible, and would look pretty cool, not really practical unless your cramped for space but who wants to be practical hehe

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
im kind'of a noob, but wouldnt that cause overheating issues? Moniters get pretty hot already, unless you had some good cooling plans already
I just want to get the thing in there... cooling wont be a problem once it's in.

not really practical unless your cramped for space but who wants to be practical hehe
Well it does have its practicality in making the tower self contained :)