Internet Driver For Dell Dimension 3000

dadkins

New Member
Hello. I'm new and I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this. My friend's computer had viruses and was being extremely slow so I reinstalled the operating system. (It's a Dell Dimension 3000) And then I went to set up the internet and I couldn't (it's DSL). Ya know the LAN icon that's usually at the bottom of the screen in the tray, well it isn't there any more and when i go to network connections it isn't there either. So I was told I need to install the internet driver. My friend doesn't have the drivers disk that come with his computer so I don't know what to do. I know you can download and install the driver from dell's website but I can't access the internet from that computer. So what can I do? I have dial-up internet service at my house, So could I bring his tower over and use my dial up internet to download the driver to it? Or do I need that driver to get dial-up service too? I can order a drivers disk off the internet like from ebay or somewhere but I don't want to have to wait on it that long. Thanks!
 
I saved that file to my computer just to see what it would do. I downloaded it and opened it, and when I open it, it starts downloading another file (something about framework.net) So I assumed if all I did was put that 1st file on a cd or usb drive and opened it on his computer it would have to be connected to the internet to finish? Thanks for the help
 
When you download Drivers from Dell, they come zipped. Opening the file will unzip it (which could look like it's downloading something), then install it.
 
Okay. I'm still having trouble doing it. I downloaded the file you gave me a link to. It isn't a zipped file. The name of the file is DellDriverDownloadManager and the type is APPLICATION file and its 10 kb. Thanks, the help is greatly appreciated.
 
When I open the file, a small window pops up that says: Would you like to download and install the Microsoft .NET framework? The content you are trying to access requires the Microsoft .NET framework. Would you like to download and install this from Microsoft Download Center now? I'm on a Gateway computer right now and the file is for a dell, so is that why its doing that? Will it do the same thing on the dell? Thanks
 
Do not use the dell download manager to download the file, use the option to use your browser. The file is a self extracting install, no unzipping required. Just transfer the file you downloaded to the computer that needs the driver and install it from there.
 
Well, I got the option to but i don't now, i just tried it again. Just download the file, transfer it to a flashdrive and install it on the other computer.
 
Okay I see it now. I clicked download and I had a choice. Thanks So Much! I'm gonna see if I can get it. Thanks Again
 
Okay I got the internet driver downloaded and I'm gonna put it on a CD-R. One more thing, after I reset his computer, everything was really big and I couldn't change the screen resolution. Is there a driver I can download to fix this to were I can change the screen resolution were everything will be littler. If so, can you please provide a link to the file? Thanks for all the help. I looked on the dell website and found some video driver downloads but I didn't know if that's what I need. Thanks for all the help again!
 
I got both driver files on a cd. Thanks so much for the help.
I will let y'all know how it turns out.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top