Internet Explorer Password?

NotMrWizard

Hi all. Computer illiterate with a question here. Is there a way to put a password on Internet Explorer, so that you have to type it in every time you want to get on the web? We've got a DSL line, running XP Service Pack 1. Reason I ask is that I've got a 13 yr old who's been visiting adult web sites. The ratings system is so quirky to use and doesn't block them all, so it's a pain when my wife and I use it. We've got 3 kids using 1 computer, so it's generally just left on and logged into all the time. I've dropped the hammer on him, but he's home by himself for a bit until we get home (and he knows how to erase history and such), and I remember what it was like being that age too ... :rolleyes:

What's the best/easiest/most-painless-to-use for this stuff?

Thanks!

4W4K3

VIP Member
sucks for him! try and find out the actual URL's of the sites and put them on the blocked sites list. or you could create him a different XP account all together nad deny him internet rights. you could keylog the computer to get the sites if he erases the history or w/e. and its probably none of my business but i'd just tell him he cant use the computer when hes home alone. lock it out or just turn it off and take the keyboard with you or something...works pretty good lol.