Internet Explorer problem

When I open Internet Explorer, it automatically sets my homepage as res://kqbkq.dll/index.html#37049, even after I change it back to about:blank. Not only that, but I'm getting an "apidb42" error when I start up windows, and in various other random occasions. My computer has been running laggy and slow lately, too. I can't figure out what this is, and it's driving me insane. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. Sorry, though. I forgot to mention, I already run Ad-Aware several times a week. And norton anti-virus doesn't seem to find anything, but I'm going to download another kind of anti-virus software. You think the version of spyway killer you reccomended would catch things ad-aware doesn't? After I try the shredder thing and a new virus program, I'll let you know if it's still broken. And actually... I do have Firefox! And it never has any problems like IE does. But the problem I'm having isn't only with my browser, it's slowing my computer, and giving me crazy errors.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: