Internet Explorer vs. FireFox

What do you use the most?

• Total voters

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I hate IE and only use it when I have to view a website that uses active X, which I also hate with the passion of a 1000 burning fires from the darkest pit of hell!

Here here! *Clink* (Oh, and the occasional stupid page that forces you to use IE because their programmers don't know how to use anything else... :mad: )

PC eye

banned
Tabbed annoyance is what that is! :p Instead of simply seeing a new page in the same window or opening a popup intentionally you see a bunch of tabs you have to keep closing out. Besides wanting to see how Firefox fared in the new version of Windows it's needed when trying to send a link for a page I may be on. And if you experiment with the advanced settings in IE 7 it won't open afterwards for some unknown reason? :confused: You then have to reset advanced defaults to get IE running.

Geoff

VIP Member
Im surprised you never used FF Praetor!

I used to be a die-hard IE fan, then I started using Opera and that became my favorite browser. But once I decided to stick with FF for a week or so, I started to like it even more.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I hate FF. I used it for a while because IE6 would occasionally crash when I clicked on links. I've been using IE7 since they released public versions and haven't touch FF since. Tabbed browsing is all well and good but I can live without it.

Also, I thought I used pngs no problem in IE all through school.

Last edited:

Dropkickmurphys

you acutally like IE7! i cant stand the layout of it, sure there are tabs, but its a bit weird imo. i like FF, its nice and simple to use and doesnt have a crazy layout like IE7 :p

wixostrix

you acutally like IE7! i cant stand the layout of it, sure there are tabs, but its a bit weird imo. i like FF, its nice and simple to use and doesnt have a crazy layout like IE7 :p

i completely agree about the layout, however i got used to it so its no so annoying anymore

PC eye

banned
hehe, part of the problem i find is that i cant get the menu bar to go above the navigation bar, there is probably a way, but i cant figure it out lol.

That's easy when you right click on any open space on the menu and uncheck the "lock the Toolbars" option seen there. You can also make two bars run at the same level to see more window space for viewing pages like seen in image here.

PC eye

banned
Hey everyone we need to give rhea a Welcome to the Computer Forum! http://www.computerforum.com/70672-official-welcome-thread.html and a reminder given to all new members to review the http://www.computerforum.com/52038-forum-rules.html

If you are still running IE 6 and getting bombarded with adwares and spywares then you would find Firefox a rescue net thrown out to you! But finally it seems Microsoft got something done with IE 7. This is one reason why you will see more people now staying with IE 7 over IE 6!