Internet problems...Help

Merkaba

Ok. so i had the internet explorer exploit thing that would give me like twenty pop ups when i used IE. So i tried to get rid of it. Theres like twenty things that nortons cant erase. Adaware helps and i had spybot but its f'd up now, And i have the demo of zone alarm. well the symantec (nortons) site would tell you how to go into the registry to erease certain keys and stuff associated with the spy stuff, but i didnt see the keys for the first few i tried so gave up thinking that maybe they were already deleted or something. i dont know exactly when it started but recently afterwards, now when i go to a site through aol...i guess it automatically uses IE, right, but it will take forever to load a page if it ever loads. So i got netscape which works well...but now after i logoff of aol(my only isp), when i go to log on later, its like i cant browse in netscape. it can never find any pages or links, like aol is not even connected, though it is. The thing is that i have to restart the comp, and once i do this it always works fine afterwards but only for one log on. once i log off and come back it never works until i restart. Whats going on? I'm on the verge of erasing and rebooting my whole comp because its really getting on my nerves. fifty percent or more of my reasons for getting a comp are internet related. I also downloaded the latest service pack i guess for windows xp. Anyone have any ideas or help? I think there should be serious legislature for this ad and spy ware shlt.