internet relay chat

mikekelly

does anyone use mIRC ?

if so how do you download files once you find the right channel ?

i get to the channel i want right, then it loads up. i see all the users on the left hand side, then in the main screen it shows the topic then the screen starts filling up with information i.e. a music album or some software, but i can't figure out how to download it, someone else told me i need to find a bot and then que for until there was a free download slot availble. the only problem being i don't know how to do this.

can anyone explain ?

thanks if you can

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well when you see possible downloads like

#1 insertnamehere
#2 insertnamehere

Just above it will have a 'syntax' that you use to request a file from the bot. You should see a line that looks like this

[tt:tt] <+Botname> ** To request a file type: "/msg Botname xdcc send #x" **
or ** To request a file type: "/ctcp Botname xdcc send #x" **

Suppose you wanted pack #1 you would put /msg Botname xdcc send #1 into your bar and hit enter to send the request. After a few moments there would be a response from the bot that you will be sent the file/are queued etc.

mikekelly

aqsg72 said:
Well when you see possible downloads like

#1 insertnamehere
#2 insertnamehere

Just above it will have a 'syntax' that you use to request a file from the bot. You should see a line that looks like this

[tt:tt] <+Botname> ** To request a file type: "/msg Botname xdcc send #x" **
or ** To request a file type: "/ctcp Botname xdcc send #x" **

Suppose you wanted pack #1 you would put /msg Botname xdcc send #1 into your bar and hit enter to send the request. After a few moments there would be a response from the bot that you will be sent the file/are queued etc.

thanks for your help :}