Internet Stopped Working After Spware Doctor Has Been Removed

DJboutit

I deleted spyware doctor off my computer with ccleaner & now my internet stopped working how do I get the internet to work again. I will shoot my computer before I formate it again I have only had the computer 4 months now can anybody help me. Running Windows 7 on this computer

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any other virus protection installed on your system? What web broswer do you use? If Internet Explorer do the following.

Go into internet options, click on the connections tab, click on the lan settings button and uncheck the boxes under proxy settings if they are checked. If they were checked then you should now have internet.

DJboutit

I have run a few different virus scanners they do not find a thing only way I can connect to the internet is using IE 64

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then there is an issue with the 32bit version of IE. Like I said, have you checked the proxy server settings? You can also try opening IE, click on tools, internet options, click on the advanced tab and click on both reset buttons so it sets the broswer back to defaults.