"Invisible" square around cursor?

Vicer Exciser

Hey, guys. Sorry if this question has been asked before, I searched. If it has, I apoligize, and if you could link me to it, that would be great. Thanks.

Anyways, when I'm not in a game, my mouse/cursor is fine. Nothing wrong with it, looks fine. But, when I go into a game (Like CS, or Secondlife) an "invisible" square appears around the cursor, and it copies whatever it goes over. The best example I could think of is.....imagine when an older PC locks up, but you can still move the mouse. The trail-like image the mouse leaves, is what the square does. I don't understand what could be causing it. I could try to take a screen shot, if that would help further.

Specs(to the best of my abilites):

512x2 RAM
AMD 3000+
ASUS 6800GT

I went to the Nvidia site earlier tonight and downloaded the driver for my card from there, so, I don't guess it could be that?

Sorry if this isn't detailed enough, just let me know what you need to know, and I'd be more than happy to try to give you the information.

Thank you to whoever helps, or tries to help! :)

adarsh

Hello and welcome to CF.

Have you tried changing the Graphics mode settings on the games ?

Like for example, setting the screen resolution, gamma, and glare reduction?

Vicer Exciser

Hello and welcome to CF.

Have you tried changing the Graphics mode settings on the games ?

Like for example, setting the screen resolution, gamma, and glare reduction?

I've changed the resolution in-game, and it didn't help. I even tried playing CS in window'd mode, but that only made the square more visable. :(

I've yet to try messing with the gamma. It's just weird, my cursor stays the same size, but it's "clicking radius" turns into like an inch and a half wide. :\

adarsh

Set the games to play in D3D mode.Set the resolution to 800 by 600.

This worked when my friend did this for me.

Vicer Exciser

Set the games to play in D3D mode.Set the resolution to 800 by 600.

This worked when my friend did this for me.

Okay, I tried it, but it didn't help. :(

I just noticed, that it seems to be having the same problem out of game, too. I went into paint, and inverted the colors back and forth. I noticed around the cursor, there was a square. I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean, in the middle of the square is where the cursor would be.

If I drag my mouse on the desktop, there is no visible square, nor any lag. I don't understand thisssss. Ugh.

wtfisthis.jpg

I just rebooted, and I went right to paint, and inverted the colors back and forth, just to check. I noticed that there was no square. I closed paint, opened CS, and the problem started again. So, I went back to paint, did the inverted thing, and the square was back.

Last edited: