IP address

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The 192 number is your internal network lan IP address from your router. The 10 number is your external wan IP address that goes out to the web from your modem.

rvham

The 192 number is your internal network lan IP address from your router. The 10 number is your external wan IP address that goes out to the web from your modem.
Thanks for the reply. Would the 10 number also go out on the web if I'm using a wireless connection?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
But my guy 10/8 is also a part of RFC1918 which defines private address space :p
Was at work on my phone when I posted that and you are right. I was thinking of either an ATT or Comcast External IP address for some reason. Just excuse my brain fart as I'm getting old you know. :cool:
Thanks for the reply. Would the 10 number also go out on the web if I'm using a wireless connection?
I was wrong. The 10 number is what Beers said in his second post. It applies to your modem/gateway private IP. If you go here and see what it says, that would be your external IP out to the internet whether you are using a wired or wireless connection since you will always have a single IP address out to the internet.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ That will show you what your external IP is.