IRQ Error

coltonad

I have a homebuilt computer that has never been very stable. I recently noticed another thread telling someone with a similar problem to check if all their devices had an independant IRQ value. That individual did have an independant value for each IRQ value, so that ended there. I found in my system that several devices had the same IRQ values, specifically:
19 is shared by a Radeon Video card and a PC chips video capture card
21 is shared by an IDE controller and a PCI to USB host controller
22 is shared by an MCP networking controller and an OpenHCD USB host controller
What should I do?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What should I do?
Odds are the IRQs arent a problem because
1. Your system will share IRQs no matter what you do so thats perfectly normal
2. If there was an IRQ conflict then you wouldnt be encountering "stability issues" per se but rather you'd find that devices wouldnt power up and device manager would report a bunch of devices as disabled etc :)

jcline

I have run into this message before when overclocking. random application crashes and reboots with things like "IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL" can be caused by memory timings that are too aggressive.

Have you oc'd at all?

jcline

Another area to look into, especially for home built machines are missing or out of date AGP drivers...

Check to make sure that your mobo's BIOS and drivers are all up to date, go to your mobo mfg's site, download and install the available drivers...

coltonad

I've been getting this error occasionally (about once every week or two when I'm using the machine a lot) since I built the computer. No hardware has been changed since it was built. It is not overclocked and the only thing I have ever changed in the BIOS was the boot sequence. I will try updating the drivers.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Try taking some cards out and see if you still get the error; also try swapping the placement of the cards in the PCI slots :)