Is it advisable to network two computers with blue tooth?

pchopra65

I have two computers. Sometimes, I need Word or Excel file from the other computer. I use Pen Drive presently but I understand that it can also be done with the help of blue tooth. Can you tell me what do I require for it? One of my friends has told me that my computers may catch virus if someone in the neighbourhood uses blue tooth or electronic device. Is it correct? Please advise.

Lectrician

Speed would be restricted if using bluetooth. Bluetooth acts as another network connection, and can be firewalled etc, but it is not the conventional way to network two machines.

A far better way would be an ethernet cable from one machine to the other - most machines are equipped with a network interface as standard these days.

You could also use wireless ethernet.

PohTayToez

Yes, but I would bet that one of the computers is connected online via the NIC, so you would either have to set up a small network with a hub or router (with a router you would be able to share your internet connection between the two computers as well).

Possibly the best solution would be to connect your computer to your modem by USB if possible (and if it isn't already) and then you could run an ethernet cable (you would want what is called a crossover cable, not a straight through cable if there is no hub or router involved) between the computers in order to transfer files.