Is it normal for a Chromebook battery light to flash all the time, even with a full charge?

JohnJSal

Hi all! I have the Asus CX22NA-211.BB01, and I've noticed that the battery indicator light always flashes orange when my Chromebook is closed, even when the battery is charged. I don't think my previous Chromebook did this. It only flashed when the battery was low.

Does anyone know if this is normal? I'm wondering if it simply means the Chromebook is in sleep mode and not altogether turned off, or if it indicates a problem.

Thanks!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure the battery is being fully charged? Usually that means the battery is below 10 percent.

JohnJSal

Are you sure the battery is being fully charged? Usually that means the battery is below 10 percent.
Yes, it's fully charged when I unplug it and lasts for hours.

I read elsewhere that this is common and just means that the Chromebook is in sleep mode rather than off, but it seems weird to me.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried just turning it off and see if the light blinks? If it doesn't then you can most likely assume it's because it's in sleep mode.

JohnJSal

Have you tried just turning it off and see if the light blinks? If it doesn't then you can most likely assume it's because it's in sleep mode.
I think I did check that once, and the light was off.

Not really conclusive proof, though, but I'm not sure what else to do.