Is it possible to put track markers in between tracks in one large audio file so that an audio playe

jj1984

Here's what I mean:

I have several songs stored as individual mp3 files.

I have amalgamated them into one large mp3 file.

When I play the file with VLC or any other piece of audio player software, the entire file just plays from start to finish as expected.

If I press the "next track" button, the right facing arrow next to a vertical line, the player software just starts the entire file from the beginning again.

What I want to do is put some kind of marker in between the individual tracks so that after I amalgamate them into one big audio file the audio player software will interpret pressing the "next track" button to mean "jump to the next track".

Essentially, what I want to do is somehow "trick" the audio player software into interpreting my single audio file comprised of amalgamated files as a CD with the typical "next track" button interface.

How can I do this?

I'm not committed to the MP3 format.

If I can get this to work with another format, that's fine as long as that format is common enough to be played by the major pieces of audio file player software e.g. VLC, Windows player, etc.

Thanks.

jj1984

Unfortunately, the title is too long, and the site has truncated it. I don't know how to edit the title. Thankfully, the post itself contains all the pertinent information.

Darren

Staff member
Can you not just split it up into multiple files with audacity and make it a playlist in your preferred video player?

Imagine VLC has a built in bookmark functionality or similar if you want to just stick to one file and skip through it. PotPlayer does, which is what I prefer, and would serve that function I think.