Is it possible to upgrade the 320CDT??

320cdt

I have an old Toshiba 320CDT with the 233 Mhz processor and all. Is it possible to upgrade the motherboard/chip, harddrive, add a DVD/CD burner etc..at an affordable price or is it a lost cause? I started tearing apart the laptop to replace the CDROM (its broken) and thought I might explore the option of doing so. I'd have to be able to upgrade the chip to alteast something decent, upgrade the HD to something more than I got now, maybe put in a CD burner or DVD player (not sure if I could replace the video card?)....all for maybe about $500. If not, it wouldn't be worth the money I guess.

X24

Nope, can't really replace anything on laptops.....its their one downside.
But, u could get a 600m from dell with the 40% off deal pretty cheap.

alanuofm

VIP Member
you probably upgrade the ram but thats it. newer laptops you can fiddle with the graphics card but definately not something that old.

X24

Ya, ram is replacable, and like the new motherboards will let u replace like a pm1.6 with a pm1.8, but it voids warrenty, is unsafe, and costs more generally.
Hardrives and cd-roms can be replaced aswell on some of them. And a select few of the dell ones will let u replave the graphics card if it isn't sodered onto the motherboard, and dell made an upgrade to the graphics card.

But basically, none of this is convenient, or budgetfriendly besides ram.