Is the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro-p is bad

Daniel L

Hi,

Is the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro-p is a bad motherboard ?
I've heard many bad things on it ...
I want to built a PC with this but i fear incompatibilities :
* Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro-p
*Ryzen 3600 & in two year change to a Ryzen 5800x
*WD_Black SN750 500 Go NVMe WDS500G3X0C
*Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4R (2x8)gb

Also i will use my old Corsair PSU CX600M & a old ATX case & a R7-260x ... i can't buy a GC (too expensive now)

Any alternative are welcome but it's a question of budget
Thank you all
Daniel L

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
According to reviews on Amazon and Newegg, it's a good board. Not sure where you are hearing these bad things.

The only thing you need to support the 5800x is the bios version F10 which can easily be installed.

Daniel L

Hi John, thanks for your fast response,

Well, all of the bad comments on this board are on Amazon.ca ... 2 bios update have been made by Gigabytes to correct the situation (Gigabytes support). ..

But right now my fear is the WD SN750-500Gb (where i will install Win10) ... i just need to know if everything will be fine with this board ?!

Thanks to you

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member

That one? Those reviews are 86 percent 5 star out of 128 ratings, thats pretty good if you ask me. Yeah its possible to get a bad motherboard. All motherboards will have bios updates to fix issues. I've only bought Gigabyte motherboards in the last 12 years or so and I've never had to return a board. I have a computer repair business on the side and have built many of pc's in the 25 years I've been doing it.

That board supports PCIE 4 NVME so if you want faster speed, get the newer version, SN850 which is double the speed of the SN750.

Daniel L

SN850 which is double the speed of the SN750.
SN850 which is double the speed of the SN750.

Oh that's a good advice !

Yes, that board John !

Maybe tonight i will place an order ...since october 2020 that i wait because the prices had increased too much ...maybe it's time !

I still have my FX8350 (8 cores) who is still good even for Cubase pro 10.5 ... the only problem is some audio plugins wich are bad optimized (CPU peaks) ... but otherwise the FX8350 is sstill good & now it will be my second PC !

i will give some comeback here when the pC will be mount !
Thanks