Is this a good computer?

ironduke

New Member
Hi,

I live in Norway and I'm considering buying this computer. In US dollar it's about 1200.

Do you think it will run games like Europa Universalis 3, Sims 2, and Halflife 2 like a dream?

:confused:

Appreciate all help.
 
I guess it could run the game you mentioned.
However, E4700 is a bit outdated. I don't know how is the cost of computer component in your Norway, so I can't justify if that machine worth the money.

In UK, if you build yourself, with £600, I can get the following-
E7200
P43 chipset Mobo
8800GT 512MB
2 x 1GB DDR2 800 RAM
DVD burner
500GB HDD
decent 500W PSU
Cheap case
Vista Preminum
19" LCD Monitor
2.1 speakers
Cheap keyboard and mouse

While in US, it is a different story.
Probably can get E8400 with ATI HD4850 instead
 
Last edited:
What about these specs?

338081 Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
312023 Corsair TWIN2X 5400 DDR2, 2048MB PC5400
331024 WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2 16MB
341397 Gainward GeForce 8600GTS 256M HDMI PCI-E
335498 MSI P35 NEO-F, P35, S-775, DDR2, PCI-E
328399 Creative SB X-Fi Gamer, Bulk
343260 Samsung DVD-brenner SH-S202J IDE Black
344154 Xenton All in 1 Internal Card Reader V3
332660 NorthQ Powersupply 4775-500BU2 Silent PS
318669 Cooler Master Centurion 534 Black
 
What about these specs?

338081 Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
312023 Corsair TWIN2X 5400 DDR2, 2048MB PC5400
331024 WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2 16MB
341397 Gainward GeForce 8600GTS 256M HDMI PCI-E
335498 MSI P35 NEO-F, P35, S-775, DDR2, PCI-E
328399 Creative SB X-Fi Gamer, Bulk
343260 Samsung DVD-brenner SH-S202J IDE Black
344154 Xenton All in 1 Internal Card Reader V3
332660 NorthQ Powersupply 4775-500BU2 Silent PS
318669 Cooler Master Centurion 534 Black

I don't think so, how much is that?
 
What about these specs?

338081 Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
312023 Corsair TWIN2X 5400 DDR2, 2048MB PC5400
331024 WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2 16MB
341397 Gainward GeForce 8600GTS 256M HDMI PCI-E
335498 MSI P35 NEO-F, P35, S-775, DDR2, PCI-E
328399 Creative SB X-Fi Gamer, Bulk
343260 Samsung DVD-brenner SH-S202J IDE Black
344154 Xenton All in 1 Internal Card Reader V3
332660 NorthQ Powersupply 4775-500BU2 Silent PS
318669 Cooler Master Centurion 534 Black

9600GT worth the money...
 
Back
Top