Is this a good deal?

Geoff

VIP Member
Im thinking of getting this laptop, and i plan to use it for internet stuff, IMing, microsoft office, and games like CS 1.6, AoE2, ect. Here are the specs:

Toshiba - Satellite 370 Notebook
Intel Celeron M 370 @ 1.5Ghz / 400mhz FSB / 1MB L2 Cache
15" XGA Active-Matrix TFT-LCD @ 1024x768
256MB PC4200 RAM / Upgradable to 2GB (im planning on buying another 512MB from newegg)
40GB 5400RPM IDE Hard Drive
DVD-ROM/CD-RW
ATI Radeon Xpress 200m w/ 32-128mb Shared
56KBps Modem, 802.11 b/g, 10/100 Ethernet
microsoft Office, Windows XP Home, and a bunch of other software.

Brand new for $380 (no rebates).

X24

should be fine if u upgrade ram. But that celeron M isn't the best you could go for.
but that 200M gpu will play most games you could want to on that laptop.

Geoff

VIP Member
Ya, lol

And from what i've read, the Celeron M is much better then the Celeron/Celeron D, especially when it comes to L2 cache.

X24

yes, the celeron M is better then celeron/celeron D.
it doesn't have the power saving features of the PM, but its still an OK processor.

compfused

In my experience you get what you pay for. I would think about it...my philosophy is why buy a cheaper quality computer and then end up having to upgrade it, fix it, or even replace it, when you could have purchased a decent quality computer for what the cheaper one cost in post purchase costs.

Geoff

VIP Member
alanuofm said:
did you end up buying the laptop? for 380$ can't really go wrong.
Well me and my friend stood in line at best buy at 3:45AM (opened at 5AM) and they sold out when we got in. So i actually went to staples and got a laptop with the same specs for $450. It was a bit more expensive, but it was still a good deal.