is this desktop worth the money

The_Other_One

VIP Member
"ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 graphics with 128MB DDR shared video memory"

It would be alright, but most any onboard video is junk... Though it does have a PCIe slot for future upgrades...

Lax

VIP Member
Nice processor, ok Gfx card, ok memory. This is based apon WHAT is in there and not what company made the parts. I personally like eMachines and for the price it's not that bad a deal. With a little upgrading you could turn that into a pretty bitchin' machine.

TheChef

It's alright, the graphics that it comes with are bad, but there is a PCIx slot open on the motherboard for upgrades. Without any upgrades, the graphics card on it would hinder any gameplay.

cillo76

what's the matter with Dell, or monarch, or brokegamer, ibuypower or cyberpower or anyone else who "BUILD's" better computers. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time thinking your gonna find something that will play a game decently from Bestbuy, OR CompUsa for that matter. They both lack the proper build schemes that "system builders" have.

Save yourself the headaches and get a properly built machine for it's particular use. You get what you pay for!

Lax

VIP Member
Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time thinking your gonna find something that will play a game decently from Bestbuy, OR CompUsa for that matter. They both lack the proper build schemes that "system builders" have.

Bestbuy doesn't "build" anything, they just happen to supply the machines. Emachines are the "system builders" and they make some very nice machines for a good price, I still find their laptops (discontinued) to be top of the line for their price.

Save yourself the headaches and get a properly built machine for it's particular use. You get what you pay for!

You could say the same about any DELL/monarch/ibuypower/whatever machine you buy.

cillo76 said:
what's the matter with Dell, or monarch, or brokegamer, ibuypower or cyberpower or anyone else who "BUILD's" better computers. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time thinking your gonna find something that will play a game decently from Bestbuy, OR CompUsa for that matter. They both lack the proper build schemes that "system builders" have.

emachines are good reliable computers and i am planning to upgrade the video and sound cards so would it still be a crappy computer

Lax

VIP Member
emachines are good reliable computers and i am planning to upgrade the video and sound cards so would it still be a crappy computer

For that price it's a very good machine, especially if you plan on upgrading it yourself. Only thing you might have problems with is overclocking (BIOS might be locked).

P.s. comes with windows media center, not Home or Pro.

cillo76

What mobo does eMachines use? I'm not sold on them either way.

Why upgrade it when you can build your own for the same price using configurators from dell, brokegamer , ibuypower or whatever?

X24

idk about dell, alot of their desktop stuff isn't to great imo, laptops are pretty good, but idk about the desktops if you wanna game, except the XPS.

and i actually like the look of this thing, i might talk parents into this becuase they want a new one and this fits the bill, and i can upgrade the graphics and maybe PSU.

XHotxEx791

t6522 at circuit city is a better deal.
AMD AThlon 64 3500+ (2.2Ghz, 2200MHZ) Socket 939 while other is 754
1GB PC3200 RAM
200GB Hard Drive
DL DVD+_RW Burner
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition with tv tuner/remote
ATI 200M GFX with avilable PCI-Express (x16) slot
17"CRT screen
avilable at circuit city after rebates for $699

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Be careful buying any computer from Circuit City, I have had multiple friends get hosed by their customer service when there was a part failure on their computers...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It would be alright, but most any onboard video is junk... Though it does have a PCIe slot for future upgrades...
As long as you note that it's "alright" for 640x480.

They both lack the proper build schemes that "system builders" have.
And what exactly are these "schemes"

thats actually not a bad price at all. wonder what they did to make it that cheap.
You should wonder why it was so high to start with