.iso files

daygowop

ok guys, i tried posting this thread up in the games section of the forum, but no one responded. i was wondering if someone could explain to me how the iso files work beacause i hav a real FF7 disk and am trying to play it.

daygowop

ok thanks, i understand now, but do you kno any trustworthy sites to get good ps emulators? also do i need a separate program to make the image of the cds? could i just use windows media player to rip the cds?

m0nk3ys1ms

ok thanks, i understand now, but do you kno any trustworthy sites to get good ps emulators? also do i need a separate program to make the image of the cds? could i just use windows media player to rip the cds?

I don't think I'm allowed to explain how to do this, it is against forum rules. Sorry:(

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
this isnt strictly against the forum rules but its borderline, you saying you already own a legit copy kinda makes it ok, but emulators and game ISO ripping puts it back down in the borderline against the rules category, sorry, im not risking explaining it to you...

I don't think I'm allowed to explain how to do this, it is against forum rules. Sorry:(
good call

dragon

daygowop

this isnt strictly against the forum rules but its borderline, you saying you already own a legit copy kinda makes it ok, but emulators and game ISO ripping puts it back down in the borderline against the rules category, sorry, im not risking explaining it to you...

good call

dragon
u guys r allowed to explain it to me because it is perfectly legal to make iso files of cd's that you own, and i have stated above that i own the cds.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
u guys r allowed to explain it to me because it is perfectly legal to make iso files of cd's that you own, and i have stated above that i own the cds.
that may be the case but emulators arent exactly legal, and if im not mistaken you did just ask if we knew of any good playstation emulators, oh and just so you know, aanything thats called a "ROM" is ILLEGAL, point blank, no question... A while back people like the RIAA deemed it illegal to make more than a certain number of copies for backup use, i forget the number though... and places like eBay prohibit you from listing ROM's, bacup copies, or any copies of software at all, no matter if you put a disclaimer stating you must already own the disc.

Someone else can explain it to you who doesnt value their posistion here as much as i do. sorry

dragon

daygowop

that may be the case but emulators arent exactly legal, and if im not mistaken you did just ask if we knew of any good playstation emulators, oh and just so you know, aanything thats called a "ROM" is ILLEGAL, point blank, no question... A while back people like the RIAA deemed it illegal to make more than a certain number of copies for backup use, i forget the number though... and places like eBay prohibit you from listing ROM's, bacup copies, or any copies of software at all, no matter if you put a disclaimer stating you must already own the disc.

Someone else can explain it to you who doesnt value their posistion here as much as i do. sorry

dragon
is there any way that u can contact a moderator or VIP person on the forum and ask to make sure? according to the circumstances this should be allowed to discuss. i hav the original copy of the cd and want to play it on my PC, there is nothing illegal about that.

m0nk3ys1ms

is there any way that u can contact a moderator or VIP person on the forum and ask to make sure? according to the circumstances this should be allowed to discuss. i hav the original copy of the cd and want to play it on my PC, there is nothing illegal about that.

ian said:
1. Posting/discussion about software cracks, serial no's, and illegal downloading and duplication of software is prohibited.

That is what I see it as.

daygowop

I believe the same subject was discussed in this thread on another forum, and the mod shut it down.

okay but this is a different forum which could mean that there are different rules. im sorry i am being a pain about this but i really want to try and play FF7 without buying a PS.