Issue with Face Book Messaging Display

Da Mail Man

1...Windows 7 Ultimate
2...Plenty of ram and 1TB hd

Started having a problem with Face-Book (FB) messaging system.....All appears ok but, when I initialize the "Instant Messaging (IM)" part of FB and click on an established contact with previous text exchanged, a box will open but, all content inside of it is totally BLANK...(see attached pict).

Not at all sure what happened at all!....Firefox 72.0 installed and, have installed another browser (Slimjet) to test and problem still exists...Possibly. I may have uninstalled a program by mistake that could have caused this(?)......I have even taken down my firewall "just to be sure) and no changes.

In what manner is the chat text, etc displayed?...Flash?...ANY help would be appreciated....THANKS.

Attachments

• empty text in chat box.jpg
    empty text in chat box.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 5

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try using Chrome and see what happens. FB is really glitchy at times so it just may be FB. I just tried it using Firefox version 110 and it works fine. I think there is more firefox version past 72 for windows 7. Try updating it.

Da Mail Man

I have the same version in a win 10 laptop with no accessibility issues and as well, on an xp computer with no issues...

As stated, I used Slimjet as a test browser and had same issue...May try to locate a saved earlier version of "FF" to see what happens...

Da Mail Man

UPDATE -

I uninstalled the current version of FB (71??) and installed LOWER ver 51.0.0 and get message that browser is unsupported and, that FB was switching me to lower lever view of sorts.....I WAS able to see the texts in the chat boxes but, hate the layout...So, I will step up versions to see where this craps out...It could also be "Duck Duck Go" browser I am using..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There are no facebook versions in windows. Are you talking about firefox? Duck Duck Go is not a browser, its a browser extension for searching. Update firefox to the latest version for windows 7. You have to remember that websites will have issues with older versions of browsers once they don't support them.

Da Mail Man

There are no facebook versions in windows.
I AM AWARE AND THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT BUT, OK...

Are you talking about firefox?
YES

Duck Duck Go is not a browser, its a browser extension for searching.
YES--HOW I WORDED ALL THIS IS A BIT IN ERROR...I HAVE FF AND USE DDG AS A SEARCH ENGINE EXTENSION.

Update firefox to the latest version for windows 7.
DID THAT AND HAVE SAME PROBLEM.....WENT TO A LOWER UNSPUUORTED VERSION THAT WAS ABLE TO DISPLAY THE CHAT BOX.

You have to remember that websites will have issues with older versions of browsers once they don't support them.
YES, AS I NOTED ABOVE - WORKING, BUT, DID NOT LIKE THE "COMPACT" LAYOUT...STILL EXPERIMENTING WITH EARLIER VERSIONS.

**GONNA SIGN OUT AND TRY ANOTHER VERSION...