Issues with PC Boot

ItsMaceman

Hello everyone,

Just recently had a PC built, and it worked perfect initially. Booted into windows, was able to download a couple applications (Google chrome, Geforce experience for drivers) Then the computer rebooted and is now no longer working correctly. 1 out of every 10 boots it will boot into windows but then instantly blue screen. The other 9 times the MSI logo appears and then it resets again. I am able to get into BIOS and as far as I can see everything is being read correctly. Often times it reboots, blue screens, reboots, blue screens, reboots and then freezes on the MSI logo appearing.

I try to boot into safemode but it often doesn't give me the option to do so and even when it does it still bluescreens. I was able to load into windows in safe mode ONCE. And when i was in safemode it didnt crash at all. but since then i cannot boot into safemode. It just gets stuck in a constant cycle of rebooting until it freezes. Im thinking its a corrupt windows file, but I'm curious if anyone else has any ideas? I did try booting with out the GPU in, took ram sticks in and out, etc. but all the same issue. It randomly booted into windows and seemed to function correctly for about 30 seconds. It recognized all hardware and then it bluescreened.
Here is the spec list -

Windows 10 pro
AMD Ryzen 9 7900x 12 core processor
ASUS prime X670E-Pro Mobo
G.skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000mhz - 2 16b sticks
2 TB NVME SSD
NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB
850W Gold Power supply

Appreciate any and all responses

thank you!

ItsMaceman

I also should add we attempted to factory reset in the event its a corrupted windows file, but it blue screens when we get to the reset option

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When it bluescreens you should see a code on it. We need that code or a short description of the error it lists. Without that no way to help you.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so we still need a list of the codes you are getting. And since you really aren't getting access to windows I can't direct you in a way do download a program to collect all those codes for me and post them. Start writing down the error codes/descriptions and post them in your next reply.

ItsMaceman

These are teh last few -

Stop code: Unexpected_Kernel_mode_trap

What failed Cl.dil

Stop code: PFN_List_Corrupt
Stop Code:Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I have a feeling this is gonna be memory related. Are you overclocking at all? The motherboard natively only supports ram up to 5200mhz without overclocking and you have 6000mhz. Have you enabled the XMP setting? What version of bios are you running? 0821 is the newest and it comes improving memory compatibility.

ItsMaceman

I have a feeling this is gonna be memory related. Are you overclocking at all? The motherboard natively only supports ram up to 5200mhz without overclocking and you have 6000mhz. Have you enabled the XMP setting? What version of bios are you running? 0821 is the newest and it comes improving memory compatibility.
So we lowered the mhz in the MOBO to 5000 and now it works perfect

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
According to Asus, that board only has bios versions 0613, 0809 or 0821. I'm not sure where you are getting this e7d74ams.122 version number.