IT kit for regular travellers

ToonTech

Hello all,
hoping you guys can help me with a small requirement at work.
For my regular travellers, I would like to provide them all with some basic kit that would help them whilst on the road.

So far I've got:
International travel plug
portable charger pack - for re-charging mobile/iPad
cables for charging.

Is there anything i'm missing?
feels like I've got the basics covered but also the list feels a little smaller than I thought it would be.

Thanks for any help.

Geoff

VIP Member
Is this just for iPad users, or will some be using a laptop? If it's a laptop, be sure to include an ethernet cable.

beers

Staff member
I'd also include a cellular card for LTE and/or 3G, or a cellular hotspot feature if they have a company provided cell phone.

It really depends on the type of job being done, though. For a job like mine you'd include a serial->USB converter and console cable as a must, but outside of networking those may not be as critical.

ToonTech

yes, persons are likely to be travelling with a laptop also, but not always.
3g/lte mifi device would certainly be a good idea.

thanks

tremmor

Cat5 cable as WRXGuy was saying is a good idea. Reason ya might ask is because staying at hotel or motel for example they usually have internet cable and support wireless and direct with cat 5. there cable is always short. reaching to a specific table for example. Family will borrow mine. they like to in the evening lay in a bed or rest on a couch with a direct hook up. Recommend 15 to 20 ft cable.