iTunes and iPod?

Hugh9191

I have an iPod nano and its quite nice, it has its flaws like the fact that the screen is slightly wonky (widespread problem) but I'm not dissapointed with the sound quality and for me sound quality is important. The user interface is nice and easy to navigate, the click wheel is legendary!

I have filled it however and that is the most annoying thing, once its full you have to manage the songs on the iPod yourself and thats a pain to do. Im thinking of going up to a classic which shows that I am happy to stick with the iPod line. And Im not an apple fanboy (I hate macs).

JoeSamo

I really enjoy the ipod, ive had my video ipod for 4 and a half years now without it breaking. I really do not enjoy itunes however, and there are other programs out there you can use rather than itunes. Just look for itunes replacement in google im sure you'll find something

laznz1

Now where to start whats wrong with them
*Places Mac Hating hat on head*

Top Ten THINGS WRONG WITH IPODS AND ITUNEs

10.Made By Mac
9.Poor sound
8.Made by Mac
7.Expensive for what it is
6.Made by Mac
5.Heard a lot of problems with them
4.Made By Mac
3.Made By Mac
2.Made By Mac
1.Made By Mac​

PunterCam

I've never understood this "poor sound" argument.
Firstly, you're playing mp3s - it's gonna sound rubbish. Secondly, it's a portable music player - why the hell would anyone care (within reason) about sound quality? People adjust to whatever they hear within seconds. They sound absolutely fine. I listen to music off my phone when I'm out and about, it sounds terrible, but who cares.

Even if they sounded rubbish, the interface and speed of the things would still make them the best. Itunes is great, and the way the ipods work is lovely. The touch is a bit gimmicky for my liking, but the nano and the classic are great.

I would consider waiting for the next gen of solid state mp3 players, which will surely be touching 100gb. No reason they shouldn't last for ever...

Also, about the whole mac hating thing, grow up.

Last edited:

Hugh9191

now days iPods are about the same price as other mp3s. Except the iPod touch which I dont like.

When I buy an MP3 player I want it to play MP3s. I don't want it to go on the internet, play games, waste battery etc. I want it to play MP3s which is why I dont like the touches.

The classics are the best.

I don't mind iTunes, its speedy and doesn't involve much maintanance.

But iPods are the only good product to come out of apple. The rest is aweful, and I agree with that page - most mac users are proper smug!