Just ordered some stuff

Kornowski

VIP Member
I rekon I may of put too much on maybe, the temps should of dropped by now :cool: How much, a small grain of rice?

Do you think it could have anything to do with the duct I put on the front of the case, it wouldn't have that much of an affect would it?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
you could try to reaply it, i usualy spread it thin (about as thin as a piece of paper) across the whole cpu.... works for me and i get realy goog temps...

Kornowski

VIP Member
you could try to reaply it, i usualy spread it thin (about as thin as a piece of paper) across the whole cpu.... works for me and i get realy goog temps...

How did you apply it evenly across the CPU?

I heard that there is a special way of putting TP on a C2d.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appi..._dual_wcap.pdf

I dunno if it's any help.

As for Prime95, the in-place large FFT option would be best as it creates the most heat, blah blah.

I've had a look at the guide and I placed a small amount down the centre, may of been too much...

Ok sure, thanks, and how long should I leave it running?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Oh right, mine came in a syringe like tube, so it's a little akward :p I think I'm going to re-apply it, how should I get it off, I don't have any specific stuff, are tissues Ok?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I just used a dry paper towl to wipe it off... i suppose you could dampin it a little but i dont think it would matter since your applying the same type of paste?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
If its still like thick it may need somthing wet to get it off, i did't because the stock HSF i took off and the stock paste was pretty much flakey

hermeslyre

VIP Member
If you can keep Prime95 (Orthos) running for 24 hours then do it. The longer you have it on and creating heat the better for the TP set-in time.