Keep comp running smoothly

lukeduke28

New Member
I just built a new comp and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to keep in tip top shape. I dont want this comp to end up like all my other comps that are slower than dirt
 
Get a good Antivirus such as Nod32 or AVG and get a Firewall. Also use CCleaner regularly. Together these will keep your system healthy and clean.
 
I have avast! antivirus. My friend that helped my install my OS put it on here, is it any good? Do you know of somewhere that I can get a firewall?

Thanks man.
 
Avast Is good but, its kinda a system/resource hog at times. Go to your task manager and see what the memory/cpu usage it is using. If its high then dump Avast and get AVG 8.0 free.

As for a firewall you can use a free one. Zonealarm and Comodo are great ones.
 
Thanks for the great advice guys! I got Comodo, CCleaner, and Im going to keep using avast! for now (might change later).
 
Get a good anti-virus, periodically run a registry cleaner and defrag your computer, make sure to also periodically clear your cookies, and your offline content from the internet. You also are going to want to update your drivers every so often, and check back for new service updates for your OS.
 
AVG or Avast, CCleaner, Registry Mechanic, Clear internet files, history, cookies, favorites, and do (weekly or monthly) Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter (after everything listed has been done).
 
Back
Top