keep windows server desktop active after logout

5uperdan

Good day,

Sorry to be a person who signs up to a board just to ask a question.

To make up for this I'll be giving the first person who resolves this problem for me a 5EURO donation over paypal to themselves, or preferably to a charity of their choosing.

• I have a vps running windows server 2008 R2.

• I have written a program in visual basic .net that I'd like to have running on this server 24/7.

• The program makes a number of cursor movements and mouse clicks which function correctly when I am controlling the server through windows remote desktop. However, when I disconnect these mouseclicks no longer occur- presumably because there is no desktop anymore.

• I've tried changing the settings in the remote desktop host configuration so that the session never expires but this hasn't fixed the problem.

• I guess I basically want to set the server up so that a desktop exists all the time regardless of whether I'm connected to it or not.

Help? Ta

ps. 5euro donation :)

5uperdan

If once connected to my server from my home pc I open another remote desktop session from my server to my server and run my program from within the new session then i can close the connection between my home computer and my server and the program functions correctly... though i don't really consider this a good solution