KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR - 0x0000007A

ak47kgb

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but please hear me out.

So I have this relatively new computer (about 3-5 months old...not exactly new but not old either). Last Monday it was working perfectly fine, then I left for about 3 days to stay with my cousin's. Now when I got back, the computer was acting strange. After about 15-20 mins of being "normal", it would just suddenly freeze, and the yellow/orange light indicator would be on (when it's busy?), and my devices wouldn't work. The monitor doesn't pick up information from the tower, the mouse and the keyboard stops working.

I have to restart to get it to work again, and then after 20 mins the process starts over. IDK what's wrong. My family was home the entire time I was gone, so it wasn't like the house/room was poorly ventilated (had airconditioning on). The only thing that I can think of that *might've* done some damage was that I interrupted the monthly "hardware diagnostic" by terminating the program (did I screw up on that one?).

I wasn't paying much attention, but when I did, I saw that my PC BSOD'd with that STOP error message.

Anyways, IDK what to do, I don't even know what the problem is. I'm reluctant to open the tower case because I am no expert on this, and might do further damage. Is there any way to check what's wrong without opening the case?

BTW I'm using Windows 7

Last edited:

ak47kgb

I was googling my problem, and some suggests that it might be caused by a huge SATA HD? Mine is 1 TB. I don't know if that's the case though. Something about having a huge HDD and coming off of sleep mode causes some kind of error. My computer automatically went to sleep mode, until about last week when I decided to turn sleep mode off. It didn't have problems before or immediately after then (or maybe it did, I just didn't know b/c I was out).