keyboard settings

tice80j

This may be a simple setting fix, but I have no clue. As I'm playing a video game, where I have to hold a key to move. For example a game where I have to run. As soon as I let off the key, my person continues to move. I thought it was the game, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled. No luck. So I tried to play other games. Same things. Try to steer a car and it only does doughnuts. It takes the fun out of gaming. I thought it was the "sticky keys"....that is off. I had this problem for a while now. Since then I have reformatted my hard drive for another issue. This issues still exsists. Can you help me out? Thank you in advance.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously you have a key that gets stuck. If this is an old keyboard replace it. If its somewhat new then it's time to do some major cleaning to the underside of the keys. Be careful and pop up the keys with a butter knife or screw driver. Then take a damp rag (not wet enough to where you get water out of it when you ring it) and wipe everythng down especially the key that you are having problems with. Then put the keys back on and try it out.

Or it just might be easier to buy a new keyboard as you can get them for around 10 bucks now.

tice80j

I'm not sure that is the problem....cause when I'm typing they don't stick. The games I play use either the arrow keys or the W A S D keys....and it's affected with either method.