Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

Hi,

The computer at my workplace updated on Thursday. It installed the Creative update that gets rid of Paint.

Since the update I have been unable to print. It says Printing Error and nothing else. I can scan and tell the printer to print a test page, from the computer, but not print.

I have tried reinstalling the software/driver, but didn't help, also tried in compatibility mode (Windows 7), again no help. Also tried manually installing it via the older model printer feature, but the green bar just keep scrolling and never seems to finish installing.

I need this sorting because the printer is required for the business to run (send parcels etc).

Computer is a Compaq CQ230EA, running Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.483.

Printer is a Kodak ESP 1.2.

Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is this just printing through a web browser? Have you tried printing from a program like word or notepad? I'm not even sure if Kodak printers fully support windows 10 because didn't they quit making printers and halt support for them?

Is this just printing through a web browser? Have you tried printing from a program like word or notepad? I'm not even sure if Kodak printers fully support windows 10 because didn't they quit making printers and halt support for them?

It doesn't print Word or Excel items. The printer has worked perfectly fine in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 until the Creators update last week.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try using revo uninstaller to fully remove the printer software and then try reinstalling. Other than that, don't know what to tell you.