Language Half Changed On XP - Including Start Button

Hi,

I restarted my computer after a virus scan about 10mins ago and half of it is in a different language, its like all symbols and things - just some of files though and the start button doesnt say start - it says "? ^ (a tick) x ^"

Any ideas how to change it?
 
Sounds like the virus really messed up your system files. I mean, you could try to go to Control Panel-->Regional and Language Options and choose some other language, Apply, then choose English, Apply and see what that did...

But if it were me, I would just back up whatever you can't replace and completely wipe and reinstall the system. I've actually seen that before - what virus did you remove?
 
its okay I sorted it, I deleted the fonts folder as it was infected and the computer didnt understand what to use but I reinstalled them and its working - thanks again :)
 
Back
Top