Laptop Blacks out

shaidi

Hello, I am having some problems. My laptop has been working fine since i installed my Palm Software. When i start the laptop and it starts to load my startup programs it will black out and when windows turn up again the colour resolution becomes bad. i have to reset it from properties and it will be ok.

can it be possible that the software of the palm doesnt work well with windows xp sp2? before i get the new driver i wanted to know if anyone has come accross this problem and can help me out..

peace

The_Other_One

VIP Member
That's an odd problem. Does the sync actually work? I'm kind of wondering if you have some sort of conflict with the port it's trying to access.

Have you tried to maybe disable the startup progam and just open the software first. I might be wrong, but isn't that startup program just to detect when the palm is synced? Wouldn't it work when you actually open the software, THEN tell it to sync?

Um, what port are you using? If it's com, you don't really need drivers, but the software could be dated.

shaidi

Yes the sync works. not sure what port till i get to the office tomorrow. but when i uninstalled it, it worked fine. when i reinstalled it, the problem came back. its connected on my usb port. i will try to use another port and see what happens.