Laptop for movies

ziprar

Hi,

I am looking to buy a laptop, mainly for movies and browsing the net, not so much for games.

I was thinking something with intel processor (core 5 or 7), I believe both of these support 1080p, but what I am not sure about is the display. The screen should be 17" and support 1080p.

Several years ago I saw dell studio xps, it was a core 5 version with the RGB LED display, it looked fantastic, but that was maybe two years ago.

Can somebody explain me the current (laptop) display situation, what is the best available technology I can get (rgb led, backlit, ips)? I am not an expert on these things so please bear with me.

Thanks
Eddy

wolfeking

banned
ok, I think it works like this for movies. HD will display with the Intel HD graphics that is on all new intel processors. AMD will also process HD content. You really don't need a i5 or i7 to display it. An i5 would handle pretty much anything you could do except games.

IPS will be expensive. To view HD video, all you really need is a 1080p screen, and HD video, if you want HD-DVD or Blueray, then you will need to get one with that drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834127477 is the least expensive option.