Laptop Graphics??

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I really should not even be answering because I dont have the answer to that.. LOL! but it would help if you mention the model and such. I know with older laptop that I dont believe they where upgradable but newer high end laptops are.

P11

VIP Member
i have seen a new ATI video card for a laptop in a magazine but the card was only made for IBM Thinkpads -I think :p

Cookieboro

Dont know what laptop it is because its for a friend but its like 2.8mhz 512 ram so realy it cant be that old.... he only paid 800 summer just gone.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If you're laptop has the capacity to upgrade the video unit then odds are you would know already. Why? Because most laptops that support that feature cost craploads of money (i.e., Alienware/FalconNorthwest)

:)

Cookieboro

Erm.. Ok thanks.

Well he is having probs with his graphics at the min,,,,
When he used to play a game he was getting like 30 fps ( = playable ) then he installed SP2 and it messed up his graphics and could then only get 5 - 10 fps. now he has formated and installed the game again and set up all the old settings but still is getting this low fsp.

compaq 2541EU Presario
Celeron cpu 2.79GHz
512 mb ram
64 radeon igp 345m

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
now he has formated and installed the game again and set up all the old settings but still is getting this low fsp.

That is strange, sounds like he never got somthing set up right when he reinstalled.. Although he should realize laptops are not meant for gamming unless your talking about a machine such as the ones that Praetor as mentioned.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
When he used to play a game he was getting like 30 fps ( = playable ) then he installed SP2 and it messed up his graphics and could then only get 5 - 10 fps. now he has formated and installed the game again and set up all the old settings but still is getting this low fsp.
Did he install the video drivers before he installed the SP2? Try doing it the other order :)

Cookieboro

He was using the drivers for a fue months then formated then reinstalled the same drivers and it was all fine. Then he done the SP2 thing and buggered up... But today he tryed to play the game and it errored out but now its back to 30 fps. freaky.............. Thanks everyone..