Laptop hinges

jailor

My wife broke one of the hinges on her Dell Inspiron 4000 Laptop. Anyone have any suggestions were I can find a reasonably priced replacement? Thanks in advance.

Adam Warren

Call Dell

Check out the dell website, or give them a call, you may be able to get them stright from them, try ebay, or any pc store. many solutions :)

jailor

Uhhh, not to sound ungrateful but I was looking for something a little more specific. I already checked ebay (nothing there), did a google search with negative results, and you know Dell is going to charge stupid money for a new replacement part. Like I said, I appreciate the help but those ideas were a little obvious. I was looking for a specific site that someone might be able to recommend. Thanks.

pearlsea

i thought that the hinges on laptops were realy delicate that only trained pepole can fix it. cause it has those video cables in it

DMB14

While we're talking about hinges, does the screen loosen on its hinges eventually? Is there any way to make it a tighter fit?

jailor said:
My wife broke one of the hinges on her Dell Inspiron 4000 Laptop. Anyone have any suggestions were I can find a reasonably priced replacement? Thanks in advance.

Must replace the whole laptop base and these cost quite a lot of $$$.

Starkey JK

Solder another piece of plastic onto the broken hinge. Make sure that the mould is left to dry and solder another layer again. Use soldering iron for plastics. :D