Laptop Picture Frame

Bloch

Ok I'm new here and I'm just looking for some help. I'm planning on making a picture frame from an old laptop that can play a slideshow of pictures. I was just wondering if anyone could recomend a type of used laptop that would be good for this application. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I need something of decent size. Probably at least a 12inch monitor. I may just be dreaming of finding something like this so let me know if this is the case. Any help would be appreciated.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I've heard of people doing this with the Via boards... Um, what are they, epia or something? Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard. Not sure what laptop to reccomend as I don't know exactly what you want to do? Just something like windows slide show? I mean, my dad has an older Pentium machine that would work fine with that conversion, but you couldn't use XP if you wanted to...

apj101

VIP Member
you need to get a screen with a wide viewing angle. You dont want the picture to fade at the angles

alanuofm

VIP Member
hehe never heard of anyone using a laptop for just that. if you dont want to spend a lot and you are just using it for a slide show, maybe go to a used computer shop at like gibralter trade center.