Laptop Poll Help

plow

I want to buy a small but pretty fast laptop, but i don’t know which one should i get. i didn’t follow laptop for along time.
From my research i found 3 candidates:
1. Asus Z33A
2. Toshiba M200
3. Dell 700M
4. Other suggestion are welcome
which one would you guys choose?
thanks

Trizoy

VIP Member
I have personally looked at the 700m and it looks like anice computer (very small and powerful), for a great price...

computerhakk

VIP Member
would all 3 of those be along the lines of being similarly priced? if not.. how much will u be willing to offer to buy one... meaning ur budget..

n it'll be nice if u have links to those laptops :)

alanuofm

VIP Member
plow said:
I want to buy a small but pretty fast laptop, but i don’t know which one should i get. i didn’t follow laptop for along time.
From my research i found 3 candidates:
1. Asus Z33A
2. Toshiba M200
3. Dell 700M
4. Other suggestion are welcome
which one would you guys choose?
thanks

the cheapest will be the dell 700m or check out the toshiba m50.

Toshiba Satellite M50-S418TD - Laptop Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 [1.73GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB], Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP2, Peacock Blue, 512MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz SDRAM (256MBx2), 14" Diagonal Wide-screen XGA display with High Brightness (1280x768), ATI® RADEON® X600 SE PCI-E x16 with 64MB DDR SDRAM, 40GB HDD (5400rpm), DVD/CD-RW multifunction drive, Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200BG (802.11b/g), harman/kardon® stereo speakers, Lithium Ion Battery (6-Cell, 4300 mAh), 1-year Standard Limited Warranty,

$1,138.15

not a bad price at all. actually cheaper than the 700m but it has the bigger screen which really isnt too big and a fairly good video card.

X24

um, well lets see, what exactly are you using this for?
Do you want to save alot of stuff to the hdd?
whats your actual budget? (i will just take a guess its 1500 since thats the most expensive u have listed)

JRolls

i ordered a dell 700m with the 1.8ghz processor, 1gb ram (1 dimm so i can upgrade later if needed), 80gb hd, win xp pro, double layer dvd-r, internal wireless b/g, 8 cell lithium battery, had them drop the productivity software off, added a bluetooth adapter. they threw in a free 128mb memory stick and took 350 bucks off the $2300 price. ended up paying a little over $2000 with shipping and all. they have a 6 month interest free deal if you qualify and payments for this particular laptop are 61 dollars a month if yo don't pay it off during the grace period of 6 months. supposed to weigh about 4.5lbs and have a really nice 12 inch screen. i shopped around for a long time and finally settled on this one. anxiously awaiting its arrival

alanuofm

VIP Member
i am actually ordering my 3rd laptop this week. my main purpose of it is to have long battery life for programming. the compaq 2000z i am ordering has a turion ml - 30 1.6 ghz, 256 mb of ram, 40gb harddrive, ati 200m, 12 cell battery and a 14 inch screen. comes out to 813$ out the door.