Laptop Power Supply

liam1989

1667557006700.jpeg
Hi,

I recently broke my power supply to my laptop and am looking at trying to replace it, I rang the supplier who could only tell me it was a 200w supply and nothing more, unfortunately i purchased a replacement PS and the pin head was too big for said laptop, I've tried contacting Aorus Gigabyte who tell me the laptop is obsolete and they don't have any information on it, could any one point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

picture of information on the back of the laptop ---->

Thanks,

Liam

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you still have the original charger? Can you post a picture of the information on it? Basically you just need to search for the model number that it is and you should come up with exact same one or similar.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
According to that model number its only 180 watts. Why is that a dell charger for Gigabyte laptop? Are you sure that's the orginal charger? The amp rating is less than what it says on the back of the laptop.

beers

Staff member
Typing in 'Aorus X5 charger' seemed to give some options.
picture of information on the back of the laptop ---->
I took this picture of the back of the power pack,
Why are these different power bricks?

The first one you listed, 200w. The second one you listed, 180w. It doesn't fit because it's not the right brick.

Why didn't you take a photo of the broken power brick? The incompatible one you bought serves no value to anyone.